Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My morning had never been more "happening" than this morning ever. Receive 3 call from different Recruitment Agency straight, within an hours' time.

Well, first was from Prime Appointment Pty Ltd. in regards to a job call Investment Data-Sales Provided , consultant role. Yeah, Fund management. BUT...

Stephen: So, you're Malaysian.
me: Yeah, I am Malaysian.
Stephen: So, how much do you know about Australian Financial Market. We are actually looking for some one that has experience in the market. bla bla bla...
me: Well, strictly speaking, I dont have any experience in the Financial Market. But, i went to Uni in Adelaide.. There's where i gain understanding about Australian Financial Market. Bla bla bla.. *cant even remember what shit i said...blek*
Stephen: Tell me, what is Frank Dividend
me: *shit*... urm....................urm............................................urm
Stephen: we are actually looking for people with experiences in Finance area.
me: *Trying really hard to explain, but still..*.. urm.. I understand what Dividend.. but.. urm..
Stephen:Frank Dividend is the basic thing. If you cant even explain what is Frank Dividend, I cant put you through.
me: urm.. alright. *Gave up*
Stephen: Bye

Back in office. BLANK. what shit i just did. Gone case. But, b4 i was trying real hard to burry myself into working, my phone rang.
.
...bla..bla..bla
Lee: Can you come in for an interview?
me: Urm.. I am actually working at EM now, so, i can make it to the interview during Lunch.
Lee: What is the time?
me: 12 or 1pm
Lee: ok. make it 12noon tomorrow. Level 7, 88 Pitt Street.
me: hey, thats very near.
Lee: oh, where are you now?
me: I am at George Street, which is near Martin Place.
Lee: ok, come through Martin Place, we are just 4 door down.
me: Alright.
Lee: C u tmr at 12noon
me: See ya.

WAO .. what a sudden. Yay. B4 i settle down. my phone rang again.

...bla bla bla.. Somelady from Select-Teleresource.
Somelady: You apply for this Financial Service role with us?
me: Yes.
Somelady: So, what do you understand about this role?
me: *didnt get to hear what role is that la..* I am sorry to ask this, but what role is this regarding.. I actually applied for quite a few role on seek.com *Trying really hard to explain myself + cover up*
Somelady: It is a role with Optus.
me: *ohh.. this one*.. I understand that this is sort of a customer service based role in assisting customer with their over due payment.
Somelady: That is correct. Listen, we are actually preparing a shortlist for interview. We will be in touch with you tmr.
me: OK. Thanks.

well.. I dont know what just happen. Continued to work.

Back at home. Looked back at my record, while still feeling the pain from the 1st call. *Thats just me. Being really harsh.*
DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st call: Salary 50k+ Super ! Clasification: Fund Management. Apparent, I am not the 'material' !!
2nd call: Trainee Case Manager in Worker Compensation, seems like its some small firm.. *thats not consistent with my professional goal - Investment Banking - in Big Firm !?* But.. its a start (IF i can get it). I really dont know how should I feel. Mixed + Messed UP ! If i am so choosy, not wanna work in Worker Comp, why am I still chasing Julie about the Claim Assistant role within EM? @.@"
3rd call: Optus. So, is this a role that work in the Corporate Office or in Optus chain ? I dont wanna work in Optus chain, given a choice of other job in corporate office. No promise will get it also. *Finger Cross*

well..some recruitment agency are just so Inefficient and Unprofesional. The last time i rang SMF, the next day they gave me a job, even though its just a temp, but its Big Reputable Firm in the industry. Spoke to Anna again today, and she reactive my profile for me again. I really hope she'll get me a 'good job'. Receive an email title Interview from Michael from Big Fish, till now haven hear from him. Again, me gotta keep chasing after him in this regards and last time i know, his answer is "HR freeze this role to fill some other more urgent role" (sth along that line)..WTF !!

Tmr is my 2nd last day at EM. well....

==============================================

Franked Dividend
An arrangement in Australia to eliminate the double taxation on dividend. Dividends are dispersed with tax imputations attached to it. Shareholders are able to reduce the tax paid by the amount equals to the tax imputation credits. Basically, taxation of dividend has been partially paid by the company that issues the dividend.

Example:
Suppose you receive a franked dividend of $100. Assuming that the b4 tax value of this dividend was $125 (depending on the company's tax rate). Meaning, company has to generate $125 of pre-tax profit to be able to distribute the dividend. Assuming marginal tax rate of 30%. With franked dividend, shareholder owe $12.50 of tax on the dividend [= $100 - $125*(1-.3)]. With unfranked dividend, shareholder owe $30 of tax on the dividend [= $100 *.3].

With franked dividend, it can be said that company paid part of the tax that a shareholder owe to the tax office as in the taxes in unfranked dividend.

*Corporate Finance Theory !!*

why are those area that i NEVER familiar with keep hitting me with opportunities? First with SWAPS then BONDS and now Tax Imputation System (Corporate Investment Strategy III - Chapter 7, which i did not read !)

No comments: