Think is always easier than doing. Talk is cheap. I came out with the most craziest idea of giving up my current job and go for temp, ideally in Margin Lending. So, response from uncle was unexpected. A full page emails compared to less than 5 sentence, simple and sweet kind of email which busy people like him normally did. Ya, as you mentioned on the first sentence, I hated this job at Cambridge so much that I am willing to 'swap' it with temp job. But it ended with, "It's your career, you have to make the decision yourself". So, meaning, i dont seems to get any direction from there.
Mum says, it is very risky to do so. My reply, Ya, definitely. There is a risk. But, not doing anything is the biggest risk i would take. Sticking it out at my current job is not gonna get me anywhere. It is two completely different area.
So, I thought I dreamt too much till i receive the call from Hudson for the BTFG job i applied. How the hell that i wish I am given the chance to work at BTFG. Not that they are located at the very-stood-out building of Chifley Tower in the CBD area and being part of Westpac. Just in case you haven't have a clue, Westpac - One of the Top 4 Bank in Aus. Most importantly, they are specialist in Investment Management managing over billions dollars' investment. Close enough to what I wanted to do. But, once again, I was turn down due to the fact that I haven't have any Finance experience. *Double checked !* They did not mention they want any finance experience in the job ad. Dammit !! Arent these head hunter around are to bash your confidence, once and once again? Anyway..
So, I was given the offer of this Permanent Part time, Customer Service Representative role at Westpac. In simple English, as a teller. Problem now is, should I really give up my current Full Time employment and give this Permanent Part Time role a go?? Should I do that at all ?
No comments:
Post a Comment